Fall is a perfect time for pumpkin pie! Try this version for an added kick of flavor. Look for a related recipe for Roasted Lavender Pumpkin Seeds to use all the parts of your pie pumpkins or jack-o-lanterns.
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 tsp Monte-Bellaria Culinary Lavender
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 15 oz of canned pumpkin (or roast 2 small pie pumpkins)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 1 9” pie crust
- Set Oven to 400°F
- Heat the evaporated milk and white sugar in a small sauce pan until sugar dissolves completely and mixture is hot (do not boil!)
- Add the culinary lavender and stir to mix. Let mixture cool and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and discard the lavender buds.
- Beat the eggs well and add strained lavender milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and stir well together.
- Pour into prepared 9” pie shell.
- Bake pie at 400°F for 15 minutes; then lower heat to 350°F and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Pie is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature on metal rack.
Makes 1, 9” Lavender Pumpkin Pie