When you are looking for a treat that will appeal to all ages, there’s nothing like a great oatmeal cookie. The added richness of our culinary lavender and lavender honey makes the cookie perfect for special dessert occasions.
1 1/4 sticks Unsalted butter, melted
1 TBSP Monte-Bellaria Culinary Lavender
1 cup Monte-Bellaria Lavender Honey
1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Table Salt
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the Monte-Bellaria Culinary Lavender buds to the hot butter and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the lavender buds out using a fine mesh stainless steel strainer. Retain the butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheet with silpat™ silicon baking mat (or grease the baking sheets.)
- Beat together the lavender butter, white and brown sugars, Monte-Bellaria Lavender Honey and egg until smooth.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, zest and salt and mix until a heavy dough forms.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons about three inches apart to the lined baking sheets (about 9 per sheet).
- Bake at 375°F, for 14 minutes, rotating the sheets about half-way through baking. Cookies will golden browned in color.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool for at least a half hour.
Yield: 18, 3-inch cookies