What holiday meal would be complete without a wonderful, baked bread dressing? This recipe is a spicy version featuring Monte-Bellaria Herb Salt and Monte-Bellaria Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It yields a crispy and delicious side dish that smells great baking and looks great on the table.
1 loaf White bread (very dry, day-old, crust left on)
1 cup Warm water
4 tsps Monte-Bellaria Lavender Herb Salt
3 large Eggs, lightly mixed
1/2 cup Chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (1 stick)
1 Large Yellow Onion (diced)
4 stalks Celery (thinly sliced and diced)
1/2 cup Monte-Bellaria Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olio Nuovo Green Oil)
Pre-heat oven to 325°
- Let the bread air-dry for at least a day before using.
- Hand break the bread into 1-inch pieces into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water and Monte-Bellaria Lavender Herb Salt and mix to moisten and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into the bread and seasoning mixture.
- Add the chopped parsley and mix.
- Heat a large, straight-sided skillet on medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the celery into the skillet and let the liquid cook down by half.
- Add the onion directly into the skillet and let all cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are tender and translucent, stirring occasionally (don’t let the onions over-brown).
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir the cooked onion and celery into the bread, egg, and herb mixture. Add the Monte-Bellaria Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Place dressing in a lightly greased 9″ X 13″ baking pan and cook (outside the turkey) uncovered for 35 minutes at 325°.