A real crowd pleaser and easy! These are always a great dessert for the family potluck. Traditional for the holidays, but great any time of year!
2 cups White Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 cup Salted Butter, Melted
1 Tbsp Monte-Bellaria Culinary Lavender Buds
2 cups All Purpose Flour, (Sift Before Measuring)
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
12 oz Bag Fresh Whole Cranberries (defrost if frozen)
1 cup Walnuts (or Pecans), Chopped Fine
- Preheat oven to 325 F°.
- Grease well a 9″ x 13″ Roasting Pan.
- Add Lavender buds to melted butter; let sit for 20 minutes. Strain out buds and reserve lavender butter.
- Cream together the lavender butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and flour and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the cranberries and nuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into greased pan, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
Makes: 24 squares.