During most weekends, we will be conducting optional tours of the barn, distillation equipment, bee hives and lavender fields: weather permitting. During seasons that DON’T require tickets, $5 VIP tours begin at 20 minutes after the hour (e.g., 10:20, 11:20, 12:20, etc.). No charge for children under the age of 18.
Sunday Seminar Series
Sunday Seminars Oct 7 & 8
Attend our 90-minute seminar series on Essential Oil Distillation, an enlightening and immersive event designed to explore the art and science of extracting nature’s aromatic treasures.
- Date: Saturday and Sunday, October 7th & 8th,2023
- 90-minute Sessions: 10AM, 12PM and 2PM
- Venue: Monte-Bellaria di California
- Address: 3518 Bloomfield Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472
- $65 Adults (18 y.o. and older.)
- Please bring your own safety glasses.
- For Tickets:
- Welcome lavender shortbread treats and complimentary coffee or lavender herbal tea
- In-depth exploration of essential oil distillation techniques
- Demonstration of scientific distillation equipment, components, and process
- Insights into the chemistry and therapeutic benefits of essential oils
- Demonstration of commercial distillation equipment, components, and process
- Expert-led segment on selecting plant material and optimizing yield
- Practical discussion on when to harvest plant material for best results
- Safety considerations and best practices for equipment maintenance
- Instructive handouts and sources of distillation equipment
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals
- Q&A session with seasoned distillation practitioners
- Complimentary samples of estate-distilled lavender essential oil to take home
- Opportunity to walk around the lavender fields in the process of harvesting
Our Distinguished Speakers:
Dr. Bill MacElroy – Certified Aromatherapist and Expert Essential Oil Distiller
Dr. Eric Sias – Monte-Bellaria Farm Manager and Commercial Distillation Expert
Open many Saturdays and Sundays, 10AM to 4PM. Check homepage for dates requiring tickets.
Come See the Bees
Our farm tours will feature visits to our bee hives and discuss the fascinating lives of pollinators.